There are many things in today’s world that we can use to express ourselves. From making music to creative writing. However, one of the most popular and longest lasting methods is drawing. Drawing is all about expressing yourself through pen and paper and is most certainly the rawest form of creativity available to us.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words but a drawing is worth thousands. Why? Because it is the best way to communicate your deepest thoughts and put across a complex idea with just a single image. However, even the best artists have lapses in creativity. This article will give you some useful tips and tricks on how to keep those creative juices flowing.
Need for Creativity
Where is the fun and excitement in creating something that has already be done a thousand times? This is why creativity in drawing is the key in producing unique works. Also you will create never done before creative drawing works, that you can be proud of.
How to stay Creative
Staying creative can be tricky and is often the crux of many drawers. Let’s explore several ways to work through this creativity block and get back into the swing of things.
- Go for a walk, yes it really is that simple. Walks are excellent for clearing the mind and providing inspiration for your drawings.
- Everything you see in the environment around you can trigger ideas that you can implement into your next piece of work.
- The environment you work in is crucial. A sub optimal work space will produce sub optimal work. To produce your best work why not mix up your work environment, such as sitting in a park or inside a historic building. Constantly mixing up the location you’re working from can have a huge impact on your level of creativity and take your creative drawing to the next level.
- Also, why not look at other creative individuals like yourself for inspiration.
- Finally, a trip to any art gallery or museum is all you need for a boost in inspiration that you can harness into your creative drawing endeavours.
Different uses of Creative Art
Creative art can be a hugely beneficial tool to improve many domains. One such area that is improved is cognitive development. Creative activities lead you to learn many new and interesting facts, used to expand your creativity potential. Your level of imagination and experimentation is also greatly improved through creative drawing.
Creative art is also beneficial towards physical development, by improving muscle development and hand-eye coordination.
Creative Ways of Exploring Drawings
A drawing can be approached in a number of different ways, let’s explore a few.
Shape-based drawing is the simplest method of learning how to draw. It involves reducing complicated forms into simple shapes. This is a common approach used by artists and animators.
Another creative way to explore drawings is using the negative space method. This involves marking the areas outside of the subject you are drawing. When done correctly, it allows for accurate proportions of the object.
How to Improve Creative Skills
So now you have the inspiration to get started, how do you improve your skills? First and foremost, you must try to create something every day, even as short as 5 minutes. This will not only turn creativity a habit for you but you will improve your skills tremendously.
Second, make a list. Sometimes the trouble is that you have too many ideas in your head. Listing them removes any confusion and allows you to focus your energy on specific ideas at a time.
Third, work at a time that is most productive. This varies from person to person, so it is down to you to find the time of day you are most creative.
Finally, don’t be scared to ask questions! No matter how qualified you are at something you should always ask questions. What harm can it do?
Keeping the creativity alive may seem hard, however, there is too much inspiration in the world to allow this to happen. Next time you feel your level of creativity slipping just remember, every object you see around you is a design by someone no different than yourself.
For more you can also read: Drawing-ideas-to-boost-confidence-and-creativity